GBACC General Membership Meeting May 12th, 2021, 6:30 Pm Location: ZOOM MEETING Minutes CTO: 6:35pm
Attending: Sheila, Angel, Phil, Allison, Arch, Abbie, Guest: Ellis
1) MINUTES/REVIEW/APPROVAL There being no corrections the minutes were approved as written.
2) TREASURER’S REPORT/LARRY Larry not present. No report.
3) GBACC BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY DIRECTORY/Sheila, Ellis 5000 distributed in Newspapers; we have 2000 more to distribute; Jerry took 300 today to distribute. Angel will take 200 for the Food Bank distribution. We have possibly gotten 9 new members from James Directory sales. Asking James to follow-up.
4) ADVERTISING EDDM/Ellis Pretty much the same as in last month’s meeting minutes: 1 mailer each week to one of the 8 routes in Brunswick and Lovettsville. Still popular with members.
5) NEW BUSINESS-ALL A) State Farm ribbon-cutting 10am Saturday, 5/22 at ___ E. Potomac. B) Shred Day follow up & Shred Day 2022 — Great turnout; $900 collected for Food Bank. Need to use sign up genius for vols. Encourage people to come after 11:30. The All-Shred truck has been reserved for April 22, 2022. Need volunteer to head it — Maybe Barb? C) GBACC Office Space OwnIt no longer there; Ellis is holding office supplies, records. Abbie will check with her son about available space in their building. GBACC could also consider renting a space like OwnIt and sub-letting to others.
6) UNFINISHED BUINESS-ALL A) Donation Brunswick Heritage Museum — Abbie: need to set up donation time with Jim. B) Expo Abbie not contacted Fire Co. — will text Jodie Simmonds. We need to decide if we’re having the Expo. C) Summer Bash/Directory Release/GBACC 15th Anniversary June 17th at West hills Manor. Need person in charge. Allison will contact food trucks; Arch will contact Smoketown; Jerry will advertise. Sheila will draft ad. GBACC Bucks as door prizes. D) GBACC position — secretary, Members at large. Sheila will contact Barb at Air Doctor. Ask Jerry to make suggestions from member list. E) Welcome totes — reconsider?
ADJOURNMENT 7:17pm E.
Ellis Burruss, Acting secretary