|X||Terry Lewis, President||X||Angel White (City)|
|Michelle McIntyre, VP||Abbie Ricketts (Main St)|
|X||Jerry Knight Secretary|
|X||Ellis Burruss, Treasurer|
The meeting of the GBACC Board was called to order at 5:35 pm on July5, 2016 by Terry Lewis.
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from June 2016 were approved by motion from Ellis, second from Terry
Approval of the Treasurer’s Report
GBACC Treasurer Ellis Burruss gave the report. The report was approved.
GBACC and Citizen Candidate Forum July 11, 2016:
Doors will open at 6:30 pm and the meeting will start promptly at 7:00. the MC will be John Flannery from Lovettsville. The format was discussed. Questions have been sent to the candidates for prepared responses. There will also be written questions from the audience.
- The working group is schedule to meet after the board meeting at 7:00 PM.
- The Frederick News Post insert is scheduled to go out on Tuesday, July 12th.
The projector order was not processed by Amazon and is being resubmitted.
Purchases, Totes and Decal:
- The board is waiting on Abbie to present an estimate for the totes.
- The decal will be ordered from Signs by Tomorrow. They will be clear with just the GBACC logo on it, burgundy and oval. Ellis will order them.
GBACC Beer and Pizza night:
- The Beer and Pizza Night will be at Smoketown Brewing Station, Thursday, July 28th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Plans are for the $3.50 size beer and 4 pizzas with a budget of $250.00. Wrist bands will be given to GBACC attendees and tickets for one glass of beer. Will need a sign in sheet and name tags.
It was suggested the topic for the September 2016 BIZ 101 should be “Social Media”. Ideas will be solicited from the Newsletter.
- Welcome Totes are scheduled for Sunday, August 28, 2016, last day to get information to City Hall is Wednesday, August 24th. The information should go out in the newsletter.
The GBACC elections will be for President, Secretary and the three At Large Members. A notice will be put into the Friday Newsletter in July and August asking for nominations for those positions.
Ellis read a letter from Allison Wilder Chair of the EDC asking for our members to attend a marketing Brunswick as an outdoor destination on July 20th at the American Legion Hall.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:15 pm
The next Board meeting will be Monday, August 1, 2016, at the GBACC Office
Minutes submitted by: Jerry Knight as edited by Terry Lewis and Ellis Burruss