The cemetery was established about 1910 and covers 10.158 acres. It is run solely by volunteers operating under a non-profit Board of Directors.
Every day cemetery operations are carried out by Jackie Ebersole and Gene and Becky Wood. About 1,500 labor hours have been devoted so far to re-document the entire cemetery. Many mysteries have been solved and many questions have been answered, but much more remains to be discovered and resolved.
The cemetery receives funding by selling burial spaces or by receiving public donations. Annually, it costs about $20,000 to operate the cemetery.